Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I Am Now Following Myself

Through a mouse click I did not intend, I am now “following” myself via Google. In the right sidebar of this blog you will find my picture, and then, below it, you will find . . . my picture! This means that I am following myself. I think this is fantastic, as my friend Lorenzo would say.

I am going to let this stand. Stet. It exemplifies everything crazy and wrong about our life today. Because in this common life of ours the only thing we usually follow is . . . ourselves.

Believe me, I would change this setting if . . .

(a) I knew how, or

(b) I thought the message was not important. I am convinced that we need to follow something other than ourselves, our “gleam.” Which is to say, we don’t need self-help, we need Other-help.

We need to say, “Help me, Lord.” Or as the Jesus Prayer has it, “Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble posting comments, please log in as Anonymous and sign your comment manually.