Friday, May 6, 2011

“Lord, For Thy Tender Mercy’s Sake”

I heard a version of this English Renaissance motet by Richard Farrant last night and decided it is one of the most beautiful quick pieces I know. Our choir sang it last year. Then I scoured YouTube and failed to come up with a perfect version that I could embed here.

The best version musically, for my money, is here, sung by a quartet from Edinburgh. For something I could embed, I have to go with the video of the Georgia Boys Choir singing in China. As my friend Bill might say, it doesn’t get any cooler than this. . . .



Lord, for thy tender mercy's sake,
lay not our sins to our charge,
but forgive that is past,
and give us grace to amend our sinful lives.
To decline from sin and incline to virtue,
that we may walk in a perfect heart before thee,
now and evermore.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble posting comments, please log in as Anonymous and sign your comment manually.