Monday, October 10, 2011

Coincidences on The Way?

About a year ago, I began talking about walking the Way of St. James for my 60th birthday. Ideally, I figured I would conclude the 800 km walk across the north of Spain to Santiago de Compostella on July 25th, the feast day of St. James Apostle, and my birthday. Life happened, and my 2011 pilgrimage did not.

So when I read that the Emilio Estevez movie “The Way” was finally opening this weekend, I made plans to see it with my wife today. About 8:30 this morning, I told her that I wanted to take her to the cinema later, without telling her which movie. Two hours later, my daughter called to invite me to walk the Way of St. James with her next spring. I will still be 60 years old.

No, my daughter did not know about the movie, or that her parents were planning to see it.

My life has been marked by similar coincidences since I became a Catholic three and a half years ago, if coincidences is the word. In the interview about the film below, with Estevez and his star and father, Martin Sheen, another word is used: miracles. 

I will write a review of “The Way” tomorrow. Tonight I need to recover. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow. What a story and what a video. Thank you so much, Webster!

    ReplyDelete

If you have trouble posting comments, please log in as Anonymous and sign your comment manually.