Sunday, October 2, 2011

My New Favorite Faith Singer Meets My Own Candidate for Best Picture of 2010



I had forgotten that the unmatched Iris DeMent contributed to the soundtrack of the film that should have won the Oscar for Best Picture, “True Grit.” Here they are together in a YouTube offering for Sunday.

The lyrics are here:

What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
What a blessedness, what a peace is mine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

Oh, how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
Oh, how bright the path grows from day to day,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the everlasting arms? 
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble posting comments, please log in as Anonymous and sign your comment manually.