Saturday, December 29, 2012

May: “The Holiness of This Place Trumps All”

In May, after 28 years of marriage, Katie and I took the honeymoon we never had: nearly three weeks in Italy, beginning in Venice. On May 1, we were in Assisi, birthplace of St. Francis. It was Katie’s first time there, my second or third.

Together we sat in front of the Christ of San Damiano (left), which spoke to Francis. And we ate gelato. I wrote about the experience in a post titled “Assisi: Jesus and Gelato.”

This is that post.

Such moments have been more frequent for Katie and me during the past year or so. And so my resolution going forward must be:

To continue looking for those places where my marriage and my faith walk hand in hand. With or without gelato. Preferably with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble posting comments, please log in as Anonymous and sign your comment manually.