Thursday, November 13, 2014

Luminous Mystery

Most Thursday mornings about 6:30 I walk along the banks of the Jordan River. This morning I took a picture.

On every other morning of the week, this body of water is the entrance to the harbor where I live, but on Thursdays it’s the Jordan. That’s because I say the rosary as I walk to mass each morning; on Thursdays, with other Catholics, I say the Luminous Mysteries; the first Luminous Mystery is the Baptism of our Lord in the Jordan River; and I am usually on the first mystery when I pass this scene.

Thus every Thursday morning, the reality of my faith comes more alive for me as I imagine Jesus and John the Baptist standing in the very waters that wash the hill on which my house sits.

Today, as you can see, the sun was rising. That made it easier to visualize the Holy Spirit and the voice of God saying, This is my Son.

Being a Catholic is very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble posting comments, please log in as Anonymous and sign your comment manually.