Thursday, November 27, 2014

Word for the Day: Gratitude

What else could the word be? Football? Food? Family?

Gratitude.

According to Jim Manney’s simple, life-changing book A Simple Life-Changing Prayer, St. Ignatius (left) “considered ingratitude to be the deadliest sin.”

Out of all sins and evils, he wrote, “Ingratitude is one of the things most worthy of detestation.” So much so, he continued, that ingratitude is “the cause, beginning, and origin of all evils and sins.”

Back in my lay-it-all-out-there “Why I Am Catholic” days, I would have now given you a list of the 342 things I am grateful for, but I have learned that I can keep it simpler than that, and avoid violating the privacy of friends and loved ones.

So I will simply say Thank you to my God this Thanksgiving day for all His many blessings. These include football, food, and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble posting comments, please log in as Anonymous and sign your comment manually.