Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pierced by the Beauty of Our Liturgy

A dear, respected friend of mine sent me this link to The Lord’s Prayer, performed with full choir and orchestra by Andrea Bocelli.



Two things struck me in particular:

First, the prayer was sung in honor of those who died in the July 2013 train derailment near Santiago de Compostela in which 140 were injured and 79 died. As you may know, I have a fondness for Santiago de Compostela.

Second, my friend is a professed non-believer. I am not sure he would use the word atheist but it would not surprise me if he did. Yet he was so pierced by the prayer’s beauty that he was moved to send a link to several friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have trouble posting comments, please log in as Anonymous and sign your comment manually.